Monday, May 30, 2011

I must be crazy!

I spent the night poring madly over the Good Taste magazine, trying to decide what recipes I would like to try my hand at. I had a notebook and pen handy, so that I could note down the recipe and page number of each one. I realised quite quickly that I wouldn't be cooking everything in the magazine, there simply aren't enough days in my week to do that. Especially as I have too many after school activities with the kids, plus my own part time job and the job of being a mum/housewife. So, I have made a cut-down list, and I don't even know that I will get through all of those!

So far I have cooked two recipes (and I only bought the magazine yesterday), so I am on my way. The rest of the recipes that I would like to tackle, in no particular order, are as follows:

Beef & Guinness Pies
Choy Sum (side dish)
Pear & Frangipane Tart
Beef Lo Mein
Pea & Ham Soup
Smashed Roasted Garlic Potatoes
Tomato, Zucchini & Capsicum Bruschetta
Baby Beetroot & Lemon Chicken
Ricotta, Mixed Vegetable & Beef Lasagne
Chickpea & Prosciutto Minestrone
Chicken with Ham & Cheese
Yaki Udon with Chicken & Mushrooms
Chicken Cacciatore
Chicken Cottage Pie
Choc-Chip Cupcakes
Raspberry & Lime Friands
Spiced Fruit Scones with Maple Walnut Butter
Choc-Vanilla Cupcakes
Hazelnut Choc-Chip Biscuits
Rocky Road Brownies
Banana Cinnamon Muffins
Golden Syrup Dumplings
Chewy Caramel Slice
Mini Baked Coconut Cheesecakes
Beef & Potato Pot Roast
Bolognaise Pies

At this point, I was 3/4 of the way through the magazine and forced myself to stop as there is no way known that I can finish these, let alone any others. Anyway, as I go along, I am going to cross out the ones I have done, and post their picture on the other page. Wish me luck!

No comments: