Saturday, April 2, 2011

Slugs and Snails and Puppy Dogs Tails

What are little boys made of? Babies seem to be popping out everywhere around us lately. Today we went off to visit some friends and their newest addition, a cute little 11 day old boy. I love babies, but now more than ever, I love babies that I can hand back to their parents!

Anyway, I never like to visit anyone empty handed, it just seems very impolite to me. So into the kitchen I went this morning, with no clue of what to bake. I found a recipe in my cookbook that I really like, and have just now realised that it is the easier (no fuss) version of the Fig Slice I made the other day. I think that if you are looking for an easy, sweet slice, this one is a winner. In the words of my son, "Oh. My. Gosh. That is the best slice EVER!".

Jam and Coconut Slice


Of course, my kids have been known to say the same thing about my Chicken Stir Fry, or my Anzac Biscuits (which I will be talking about later in the month - Anzac Day is the 25th of April).

No comments: